Looking for the best Octane Booster? One of the most important factors that ensure the smooth functioning of our car is an octane booster. If you are into car racing, you will know that this is necessary to ease the process of combustion. I decided to review five of my favorite octane boosters in this article. If you are trying to test out something other than your usual stuff, I hope that this helps in your research.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Selling Octane Boosters On The Market
- 2 5 Best Rated Octane Booster Reviews
- 3 Benefits of Using The Best Quality Octane Booster
- 4 How to Choose A Good Octane Booster?
- 5 A Final Note
Top Selling Octane Boosters On The Market
5 Best Rated Octane Booster Reviews
Benefits of Using The Best Quality Octane Booster
- Octane booster is meant to increase the octane rating of the petrol that you use. If you are wondering what an octane rating is, it is how the performance of the petrol is measured. A high octane number ensures that the fuel is probable to endure more compression before it detonates in the cylinder chamber. And the good thing is you just have to use a little for it to work.
- Using an octane booster significantly benefits the pre-ignition resistance. This is helpful for increasing the power of the engine. Not just that, they help to lubricate your engine. And they reduce the emission level as well.
- If the specifications of your engine differ highly from your fuel, it can damage your engine a lot. Even if your car is equipped with a knock-sensor device, which adjusts the specifications according to the fuel, it don’ be sufficient enough. The engine will still to subject to stress and deliver less than the expected performance. That’s when you need to use an octane booster. It accommodates the RON octane index to the required level. This effectively reduces the dangers of engine knocking, performance loss or the high fuel economy.
- You can even get an octane booster that stabilizes the fuel that keeps the fuel effective for an extended period. If you haven’t driven for about a month or so, the fuel in the tank can lose its efficiency. The booster will safeguard it from any such issues.
- It is very easy to use an octane booster. Just buy a bottle and add it to your car’s fuel tank.
How to Choose A Good Octane Booster?
- The first tip to getting the maximum efficiency out of your octane booster is to learn what your car needs. That way, you won’t be disappointed at all. Even the so-called ‘best’ octane booster may not be useful to you. You engine specification is what you need to align your booster with. Octane boosters go hand in hand with the octane levels of the engine. A high-performance engine will require an octane booster without fail.
- For example, firstly, performance is the determining factor. Or rather, how the octane booster you want to purchase, actually boosts the octane ratings of your car. Don’t trust the advertisement claims too much. Most boosters usually increase the performance by 3%. The really good ones can work up to 5%. However, more than that is unreasonable.
- Of course, that’s not all. Even if they do not have any outrageous effects on the performance, they do increase the throttle response. You will even get a smoother engine and a lower fuel economy out of it.
- Last, but not the least, keep in mind that you need to replenish it regularly. I usually get a large bottle, even if it is a bit pricey. It lasts longer, and I don’t need to run the store every week. You might drive a vehicle where you need to use the booster very frequently. This should be effective in your case if that is so. Like I mentioned, you don’t need to empty the whole bottle. Only a measured amount will do. So you can easily shelve it in the garage.
- That said, you can easily make your own if you want.
A Final Note
I hope you find something that will suit your needs form the five products that I have listed on best octane boosters. If not, with a little more research, you can get something else that balances your fuel perfectly. Some products suit all kinds of engines too.
While price is a determining factor, it should not be the only one. I would suggest that you concentrate on quality mostly. If you are not sure about what will work well, here’s advice. Sometimes information can be misleading or confusing. So, just test out a couple of products. You will eventually get to the right one. Experience is the best teacher after all.