The recycling of cars has become a very common process at present, due to the large number of vehicles that are not in operation due to the lack of spare parts or simply due to lack of use. It is for this reason that people decide to recycle their car, that is to say, they send it to companies specialized in the subject.
Companies offer you a service like junk car towing capable of moving your car from your home to its warehouse to recycle the parts of that car. As these companies exist many in the world, which are in charge of dismantling the vehicle and removing all the pieces or all the materials that can be useful in other machines or even for the production of energy.
On the other hand, if the engine of the vehicle is in operation, then these companies are responsible for selling it completely or using it to sell spare parts. Now the question is: specifically what can be recycled from a car?
Being such complex machines there are many materials that can be obtained from a car, among which the following stand out:
- Metals, among which steels, aluminum or zinc stand out. Like all machines, vehicles are made up of metals, which can be used in many things, either separately or by melting them. This represents 75% of the vehicle.
- Vehicle fluids, with antifreeze or oils can be used for energy production. This represents 1% of the vehicle’s recycling.
- Rubbers, glass and upholstery represent 10% of the car’s recycling, since these materials are used for the production of energy.
- Cart plastics can be recycled or used to produce energy. This material represents 10% of the recycling.
- The rest of the recycling is made up of other parts of the car, such as oil filters, certain engine parts, etc.
It is important to note that it is not always possible to recycle the car one hundred percent, but the more you can recycle, the better. It is important that you hire the services of an efficient company to carry out this type of work.
What Should You Know Before Recycling Your Car?
There is a legal procedure that must be carried out if you want to do this action, although this procedure is not very extensive. In essence you must remove the insurance of your car and take the registration of it to be removed from the system. Either way, this can be done in a matter of minutes.
On the other hand, it is important to know that by recycling your car you can get between five and ten thousand dollars, depending on the condition of the car, its engine and how much can be recycled. Many people end up selling their damaged cars without really knowing their value, so be careful.
It should be noted that the recycling of cars helps a lot to the improvement of the environment, since in the long term carbon dioxide emissions are eliminated considerably, in addition to which diverse materials can be used more than once, avoiding their loss.