Are you looking for the best-LED headlights? LED Headlights are the latest technology on the block for automobile owners. It is slowly gaining increasing popularity for a variety of reasons. The LED headlight bulb burns differently as compared to the traditionally used halogen headlight bulbs. Though they do not have a filament, they burn with greater intensity. This gives the LED bulbs the dual advantage of energy conservation and durability.
Compare Different Aftermarket LED Headlights
Best Quality LED Headlight Bulb Kits - Detailed Reviews
Low power consumption of 30 watts
Average run time of 30,000 hours
White beamed light
Additional tints for other colors
Flexibility of sizes
The Kensun All-in-One kit is Headlights giant in this segment right now. Often ranked among the most recommended, the kit comes with a slick aluminum case that forms a protective layer for the bulbs.
The first thing upon installation of these light that I noticed is the light. The bulbs produce clear beams of light which allowed me to see better and obviously increased my visibility when driving.
Unlike most another halogen headlight I have used before, the LED car bulbs last for a really long period of time. It had no issues in terms of performance during the entire time I used it. Plus the fact they consume very low power makes it a real energy-efficient choice for me.
The best part about the bulbs is the fact that apart from the clear beam of light that is normally used I used the other tints, they do not compromise on clarity. I could easily look up to see objects clearly about 500 meters away.
During long drives, I have often encountered this problem, where the bulb heats up a lot and in turn, heats up the engine. This would result in long road halts with the hood popped up. However, given the superior quality of the in-built fan of the LED bulb and the heatsink, I have undertaken quite a few long drives without encountering the overheating problem.
I was initially worried about the fact given my outdated car model whether I would get the perfect fittings or not. The huge variety of sizes that this bulb is available in allowed me to choose a variety perfect for my vehicle easily.
- The customer service that Kensun provides is excellent, and any problems that you might face will be addressed efficiently and quickly.
- The beams of the LED are extremely bright and while driving at night, you can spot things quarter a mile away. Obviously, such efficiency helps you to see better with increased visibility and reduce accidents.
- The beam of the automotive LED( light-emitting diode) lights, unlike many other LED variants, does not provide a 360 light emission.
- The high beam is a bit of a letdown as it does not really improve the brightness the normal beam already has to offer.
Patented Arc-Beam lens technology for brighter light.
Over 50,000 hours of usage time.
Patented Redline ASIC-X control driver for easy installation.
Certified waterproof and weatherproof.
Efficient customer service and online backup.
OPT7 seeks to correct the most common flaws present in LED headlight bulbs. The latest offering from them is the result of that line of research. The Arc-Beam Lens technology allows minimal scattering of light, thereby providing increased visibility even in foggy weather.
The OPT7 is an extremely feature-rich product, and the host of patented features sure made me go gaga over it. For instance, with a lot of LED headlights, I have noticed the inconsistency in the beam of light, especially under the foggy weather. The Arc-Beam allows you to travel even in the worst of conditions with uniform visibility.
I have also found this LED headlights bulb to be much cooler over prolonged use than any other competitors. Obviously, the durability of the bulb is also unmatched in its segment.
The Bright LED board design also accounts for this reduced heat with absolutely no loss in the amount of brightness.
In terms of ease of use, you can regulate the power usage of the bulb. This helped me immensely to channel energy as per requirement thus making for efficient use.
Being no stranger to rough weather, I was very surprised by the efficient waterproofing of the best headlight bulbs. The rainproof housing also ensures that there is minimal water seepage that means you would not need to drain water from your headlight’s bulb after driving through heavy rain conditions.
The OEM sockets have a comfortable fitting and are optimally made to fit into your headlight sockets. The installation is hassle-free and requires no additional mounts or tools.
There were some initial problems I faced while mounting it and believe me, the customer service provided is absolutely superb. All the issues that I had were addressed easily and quickly. The product has a lifetime online technical support, and so you can always ask for help irrespective of the warranty.
- The light capacity of the bulbs is extremely high. The LED car bulbs are built to give out up to 8000 lumens of light which are unmatched when it comes to LED headlight Bulb.
- More often than not LED bulbs have this high color temperature which irritates the eye. The OPT7 however, has an extremely affable color temperature which is easy to spot while not being irritating on the eyes.
- The OPT7 LED bulbs are highly durable and can vary anywhere between 50,000 – 70,000 hours of use. Such durability is unmatched in this segment.
- The individual light bulbs are mounted at the sides, this creates a few inconsistencies in the uniform density of the light.
- The OPT7 is extremely expensive when compared to its competitors.
115-degree wide viewing angle.
Efficient heat dissipation system, backed by new-age micro fan cooling.
6000k Pure White LED Driving lights.
Superior durability – can last up to 30000 hours.
Made to endure extreme conditions – waterproof and shock-resistant.
Plug and play feature enabled and easy to install.
Xenon-Vision has always been known for marketing quality LED headlight products. This one is radically different from the Xenon headlight bulbs you are likely to come across. They provide a host of features at an extremely competitive price.
The LED bulbs allow a 115-degree angle for viewing. The LED bead allows this increased viewing which makes it easier for me to see the road.
The bulbs have an extremely effective heat tackling system. They are equipped with a micro fan. I could thus use these led headlight & bulb for a longer period of time without worrying about the bulbs overheating.
The LED bulbs are extremely bright and produce 3200 lumens per bulb. The light is white in color, and the color temperature is moderate which is comfortable for me because I can look into the light easily.
In terms of durability, I’ve found the LED bulbs to be some of the most durable products around with an average lifespan of about 30,000 hours.
Apart from the host of other features, the Xenon-Vision is also waterproof and shockproof, which, in my opinion, gives the product a head start. The waterproof feature is a common feature found in LED bulbs. However, it is the shock resistance which is the piece de resistance of the product. This feature makes the led headlight conversion absolutely safe for me to touch or replace without the fear of getting a shock. And electricity is not my cup of tea.
The plug and play feature of the led headlight conversion kit ensures that I can just plug in the led headlight conversion and use them. There are no mountings required, and installation is a breeze. However, while it is supposed to be easy to put up the system, I would recommend that you get some professional help while setting it up.
- The Xenon-Vision LED bulbs are extremely durable and can last for about 30,000 hours of use.
- The color temperature of the bulbs is intense which makes it e easy for you to travel over difficult terrain including climates like the foggy weather.
- The LED headlight conversion is waterproof, shockproof and weatherproof which make them practically impervious to everything.
- Though the Xenon-Vision kit is easy on the money and made for the budget-friendly consumer, it compromises on quality. For instance, I have found some wiring problems due to low-quality connectors and wiring.
- The LED bulbs use an elevated viewing angle of 115 degrees which allow you to see better in low light areas. If your car has projector lights, then they are not exactly compatible with each other.
Quality manufacture and sturdy built.
Waterproof to an extreme – even functions perfectly under water.
Produces 6000k Pure White LED lights.
Cooling fans and heat sinks prevent heat from generating.
Prolonged usage hours – able to provide light for a massive 50000 hours.
SNGL is one of the most expensive products on my list. It, therefore, is a strict no if you are on a budget. However, if the quality is what you yearn fo,r then the SNGL does not appear to compromise on that.
The first thing that struck me on looking at the product is its superb product quality. The build is sturdy, and the materials used are top class. This obviously ensures a long lifespan of the product..
Almost all LED headlight conversion bulb kits nowadays are waterproof. The SNGL in this regard goes one step further. Such is the build quality that even after I had submerged this kit completely in water, it was working perfectly. Needless to say, the kit is also impervious to elements of weather like dust and smoke.
Another thing that impressed me is the heat dissipation capacity of the SNGL. In spite of producing 6000k of light, the bulb never gets hot at all. The efficient cooling fans and heat sinks allow the lights to run for long hours continuously without ever heating up.
Once installed properly, I would not worry about the maintenance of the kit because durability is the key to the SNL’s huge popularity. The product surpasses any other kit when it comes to durability. The bulbs reportedly run for a whopping 50,000 hours, almost double the time of its closest competitor.
The kit can be installed on the car easily by almost anyone. The installation procedure, for a novice like me, took well less than half an hour. It didn’t require any mounts or tools, so I didn’t have to spend money buying tools, or ask for professional help.
The variety of sizes these led headlights are available in also made it easy for me to find the optimum size I needed for my car. This optimal fitting thus gives rise to efficient performance, ensuring that I have top-notch visibility while driving.
- One of the greatest advantages of LED bulbs over their halogen counterparts is the low maintenance cost. The same holds true for the SNGL kit, you would probably never need to change the bulbs or maintain them.
- The LED bulbs provide a beam wide enough to see the road in its entirety. This essentially helps to drive more efficiently and prevent accidents.
- The SNGL is extremely easy to install, and the plug and play feature ensures that you have a hassle-free installation.
- The LED headlight bulb in spite of the plug and play feature will not work if your vehicle is not compatible with projector housing. This will result in extreme scattering of light and would instead of illuminating the road, blind your eyes.
- With the SNGL, I personally found the fan noise to be a tad too loud for comfort.
A logo imprinted on the LED light bears the mark of its authenticity.
Comes in a package of two LED headlight bulbs.
Pure white light at about 3,600 lumens per bulb.
A superior heat control system, with the double cooling fans and the cool charged driver. The unit claims to last over 50,000 hours.
These headlights are waterproof and rainproof – the fan, too, works in extreme conditions.
The light bulbs are CANBUS friendly and work with most of the CANBUS related vehicles. The installation can be completed within an average duration of 20 minutes, and everything in the package is plug and play.
LED Import USA is obviously one of the well-known names in the nonautomotive LED light market, and the new LED Import USA Cree LED Headlight Pure White 6000k is indeed one of the worthy alternatives to the old halogen ones.
I think it’s a good deal – these bulbs are on the less pricey side of the spectrum, and still, they possess the LED Import USA’s reliability. Only make sure that the logo on the light is distinctly and clearly visible. There is a growing market of lights that claim to be LED but are not. So, be advised to clear the doubt beforehand.
What these lights provide as lighting agent, I’ve found, is pure white 6000k and it is the natural color complexion for LED lights. The light is high definition, bright and clearly visible in the night, so indeed it enhanced my driving experience. And when I replaced my previous HID unit with these, the difference was instantly visible.
I have literally tortured these headlights, but boy! They can endure extreme conditions – they are waterproof, so free from imminent hazard caused by rain; and the fan to works in extreme situations. The longevity and durability of the lights are things I would not worry about.
I have found the installation procedure to be way easier than the HID units, literally a child’s play. Everything that comes along the package is plug-and-play, so I didn’t need professional intervention. Just a little DIY skill did the job.
Moreover, another reason for me to buy these would be their compatibility with CANBUS related vehicles – which means they support a large number of vehicles. Just crosscheck the model series number and the model of your car and make sure they’re compatible.
- The unit is compatible with most of the vehicles and comes in different shapes and styles.
- The light is visibly bright – almost an equivalent to daylight and if you had halogen lights before, you would be astonished to see a clear difference.
- The lights as well as the fans and heatsink are rain and waterproof and can endure extreme weather condition.
- The light is bright but not so much to irritate oncoming drivers. That shouldn’t be too disappointing.
- The electrical connector is not of the same quality as the light – it’s not up to the industry standard.
How To Choose The Best LED Bulbs For Cars?
A proper fit is quite essential to good performance. If you have an older car model, the standard LED kits will suffice. However, if you have a newer vehicle, you may have to buy advanced led light kits that are compatible with the cars. These advanced kits typically consist of extra hardware required by your car.
The color of the LED headlight bulb is extremely important. Different colors have different temperature ratings and visibility. So, it is important to choose the color of your headlight as per your requirement. It is, however, vital to remember that not all color headlights may be permissible by your local traffic laws. Therefore, do consult your local laws once before making your choice.
If you are switching from a halogen headlight bulb to a LED variant, it is important to check the quality of the kit before investing. High-quality lights would, for most of the part, last longer and give you a greater value for money.
Apart from this, there is a host of other subsidiary features that you could consider like the intensity of the light, energy efficiency, wattage power and features like weather resistance and waterproofing. There could also be a host of other factors arising out of preferential choices which would obviously be different for each individual.
Benefits Of The Right LED Headlights
- LED headlights have a longer lifespan as compared to their halogen counterparts. An average halogen bulb lasts for around 6000 hours of usage while the average LED bulb lasts from around 30,000 hours of usage.
- Regarding energy efficiency, an LED headlight bulb has been reported to consume about 75% less power than its halogen competitor.
- The biggest problem with long hours of using a halogen bulb is the heat they produce. The LED bulb, on the other hand, remains extremely cool. Though it is not true that no heat is produced in a LED bulb, however, any heat produced is quickly dissipated by the system.
- The LED bulbs produce clean white light which allows you greater visibility under any given circumstances. LED fog light bulbs also have elevated angles of visibility unlike the 360 degrees light of the halogen bulbs. This allows you to get concentrated light on the road of greater intensity. Even some LED fog light bulbs are impervious to weather changes and remain unaffected by fog or cold weather.
Are LED headlights legal?
Usually, LED lights are legal but every state has different laws. Basically if they project the light beam between 50 to 100 meters, then they are allowed as it won’t distract other people on the road with its lights.
For what types of driving conditions are the LED headlights ideal?
LED headlights are able to handle extreme weather conditions as compared to other halogen lights. They are ideal for both very cold or hot temperatures and also suitable for fog, rain, and dark areas at night.
What is the difference between LED headlights and HID headlights?
Both the LED and HID lights are better than halogen headlights. The LED lights do not strike the vision of people and are less likely to blind other drivers. However, HID lights are brighter and they seem to reflect back in fog and blind other eyes. Also, they take a little time to turn on.
How do I fix a flickering LED headlight?
Some of the LED lights are incompatible with cars or vehicles such as Audi, BMW, and Mercedes. An anti-flicker or capacitor could be used between the socket and LED bulb to fix the flickering of the LED headlight. Most of the LED headlights include these anti-flickers.
Do led lenses turn yellow over time?
Nope! LED headlights have lenses that are made with polycarbonate material that are unaffected by the sunlight and features UV additives. So they have extra protection from discoloration through the hard coat.
LED headlights are a comparatively new product in the automobile market, and yet in their short time, they have started dominating the segment. The rising popularity of the LED headlights variant over the halogen bulb can be attributed to a number of factors including durability, price, and performance. Nonetheless, it may be difficult for you to make an easy choice given the number of products worth considering. An informed and well-researched choice will obviously allow you to select the best-LED headlight bulbs as per your requirements.