There is something fascinating and riveting about remote control trucks. Cheap models have made it easy for individuals to let their passion take wings with feature rich RC trucks for adults. Some of the best RC truck models are scaled replicas of actual beasts, mimicking appearance and offering incredible maneuvering possibilities for a rich experience. With so many models fighting for space, you may find it difficult to home in on the best one. We have picked five of the best ones for you, making it a lot easier to pick from these five proven beastly beauties. Let’s go.
5 Top Rated RC Truck Reviews
Our Reviews For The Top Rated RC Truck
Extreme brushless VXL power
Rigid, LCG chassis with adjustable front and rear sway bars
Blue-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum C-hubs, steering blocks and axle nuts.
Polycarbonate body allows custom paintwork
Rigid, low center of gravity chassis
Pricing – You will be a happy RC enthusiast for the amazing features of this mean RC truck that will tackle the rough the way it handles the smooth.
Chassis – This one comes with a low center of gravity, meaning that it will not topple easily. So, go ahead and try out those tight turns and steep inclines with confidence. This one is built to last long, with fantastic window masks and body permitting customization.
Transmitter – You need to pair it with a transmitter of your choice. Just look for a suitable radio to go with it and you are done.
Shocks – The hard-anodized and PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks will never let you down.
Power – The brushless motor will pump you up with 60 mph speed, making it a dependable one for swiftly tearing away from the pack.
- You can customize it with insignia or designs of your choice
- Low centre of gravity and weights in the lowest point mean enhanced performance
- Sealed X Ring shocks will keep the dirt out and prevent oil leakage
- A transmitter and battery combo with the RC truck would have worked in its favor.
Oil filled ultra-shocks handles difficult terrain
Waterproof electronics offers all-weather driving excitement
Titan12-Turn 550 motor with waterproof speed control
Traxxas 7-cell NiMH battery and 4 amp 12-volt DC fast charger
Ground clearance and trail tuned differentials
Pricing – It will fetch you a tall RC truck that will move through any surface with great ease. Packed with features, this is a good buy.
Chassis – A tall boy design means that you can take this over rocky terrain without bothering about getting scratched on the bottom.
Transmitter – Comes with a TQ 2.4 GHz radio, which means that you have a readymade paired controller with the truck.
Shocks – The oil filled ultra-shocks are sealed with X rings that eliminate chances of leakage, while preventing grime from finding its way in.
Power – High performance differentials and the Titan turn modified motor settles the argument about power.
- This is waterproof, need we say more
- Heavy duty pitch gears means that you will love the horse power
- 5 electronic speed control makes this very interesting
- The plastics could do with substantial improvements.
Durable ladder frame chassis features offers high strength
3-speed transmission allows gear changing, low-speeds
Locking differentials improve off-road performance
4 wheel shaft drive
Large wheels give ample ground clearance
Pricing – It is a combination of style with a tough and mean look, backed by superior performance.
Chassis – Good ground clearance from the big diameter wheels and the ladder frame chassis lends it a robust quality.
Transmitter – You need to get a matching radio to go with this, so do the batteries.
Leaf springs – The leaf springs are good enough and you can run this through surface without worrying.
Power – The three speed transmission in combination with the 4WD makes it a formidable model with impressive power.
- An amazing climber, this is a model that will never disappoint
- Nice build quality and good finish makes it attractive
- Locked differentials and 4WD gives you the feeling of great power
- Models that come with controller and batteries saves buyers from having to scout around
Requires nitro fuel, glow plug ignitor
Nitro Engine with Pull Start
Single Speed Transmission, 4 Wheel Drive
Includes 2.4GHz Radio
Pricing – You want speed at low costs? Then this one is the model you need to buy, provided you have some experience in handling nitro buggies.
Chassis – Aluminum chassis, do not expect to ply this where high lifts ply.
Transmitter – Comes with a 2.4 GHz radio, so you need not go around hunting for one.
Shocks – Aluminum capped shocks will handle the bumps easily without a fuss.
Power – The 4WD comes in a single speed transmission model, allowing you to focus on maneuvering.
- As a nitro buggy you can expect an exhilarating experience
- Cute and adorable it is a good buy at a cheap price
- The 2.67 cc Vertex engine will make others feel insecure with this model lined up at a race
- A reverse gear would surely have made this an exciting one to control
Electric Brushed 540 Motor
Polycarbonate Body and Oil Filled Shocks
Forward and Reverse Transmission
Includes 2.4GHz Radio
Pricing – The cheapest of the lot in terms of pricing. Do not be put off by low pricing, it is a surprise package.
Chassis – The frames are plastic, but the good ground clearance should see you through
Transmitter – The 2.4 GHz radio comes with waterproof features, making it a lot more attractive
Shocks – The oil filled aluminum capped shocks support the polycarbonate body comfortably.
Power – High torque means that this one will zoom out faster from the starting lines and power you through terrain with 4WD.
- At this price a forward and reverse transmission certainly makes it appealing
- The brute benefits from high torque helping you to zip ahead
- Lightweight quality gives it a distinctly superior and powerful performance
- The batteries drain out real fast. Be prepared with an extra set, if you must.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Best RC Truck
Before you get to flip that power switch and maneuver the vehicles on a race track, off the roads or a home, it would certainly help to look for some features that will give you complete satisfaction. Here’s a little list.
Chassis – The chassis needs to be strong. After all, if you plan to match your talents with others you can expect a couple of run ins with other models. So look for a model with a good build.
4WD – This is something that should act as a filter. If it’s not 4WD, then what is it doing here?
Clearance – This is something that will depend on your interest. If you are the outdoors type, go for high ground clearance. If you are a fan of the nitro buggy type, look for low ground clearance.
- Radio – Models that come with paired radios are always a good choice, because it means it has been tested for response levels and speed.