NGK CR9EK – Best Performance Spark Plugs
"text-align: justify;">This spark plug is one of the best spark plug on the market. It works well with most motorcycles or four wheelers. While NGK is renowned for its longevity, the materials used usually enhance the performance of its products. This one does come with a disadvantage, having a copper core, though.
- Good conductivity
- Long Insulator nose
- Dual ground electrodes
- Triple gasket seal
- Corrugated ribs on insulator
While making this list, this is one of the first ones that came to me. This one is the spark plugs that I return to again and again when it is time for a replacement. Not that I haven’t tried out other stuff. Nevertheless, this is my favorite, and I have my reasons for it.
- Being copper plated, they provide a good conductivity. Further, this increases the heat dissipation and gives you a faster startup as well. Not just that, you will notice a smooth acceleration during the ride. Even at the cost of the longevity, the overall functioning of your vehicle is enhanced.
- These spark plugs are built to resist fouling. This is due to the longer nose provided on the insulator. You can rest assured that by using these spark plugs, you can avoid flashovers as well. This is because of the corrugated rib design of the insulators.
- I immediately noticed a steadier spark while using these plugs. This works because the spark plugs are built with dual ground electrodes. One of the primary worries about a gas leakage is completely negated as well by the triple gasket seal. Even with having a shorter life span as compared to platinum-cored ones, a zinc dipped shell prevents excessive corrosion.
- However, as I mentioned before, one of the primary and probably the only disadvantage would be the life span of the spark plugs. It can be a bit above average when it comes to the price as well. However, it does deliver what it promises.
- Fast start up and easy acceleration
- Resists Fouling
- Resists Flashovers
- No combustion gas leakage
- Resists Corrosion
- Shorter life span
- Bit above price range for many
Overall, I am pretty comfortable with this one for my motorbike. Changing it relatively frequently is not an issue for me. I hate having to kick-start my bike several times for it to work but using this one made it loads easier to do so. And I like the way my bike runs after the initial startup as well. I have a friend who uses it on his car, and he has reported similar experiences as well.