If you’ve ever been stranded on the side of the road with a broken-down car, you know how frustrating it can be. But knowing what to do (and more importantly, what NOT to do) can make all the difference.
Car Breaks Down: What to do
The first thing you should do is try to drive it to the nearest safe location—preferably off the road. Once you’re in a safe location, turn on your hazard lights and call for help. If you have roadside assistance coverage, call your provider and they will dispatch a truck to your location. If you don’t have roadside assistance coverage, you’ll need to call a tow vehicle company directly.
How to Choose a Company
When choosing a company like Towing Gaithersburg, it’s important to do your research in advance. Before selecting a company, be sure to read online reviews and compare pricing. This will help you choose the best option for your needs.
- Once you’ve found a few reputable companies, make sure they are licensed and insured.
- You can typically find this information on the company’s website.
- Once you’ve verified that the company is legitimate, give them a call and explain your situation.
What to Expect From a Tow Truck Driver
When the tow truck arrives, the driver will assess your situation and determine the best way to get your car towed. The driver will then hook up your car and transport it to the nearest service center or garage. During the ride, be sure to stay in contact with the driver so that they can update you on any changes or delays.
How To Prepare For A Ride
Be sure to gather all of your personal belongings from inside your car. This includes things like your purse, wallet, phone charger, etc. You should also remove any valuables from inside your car—things like jewelry, electronics, etc. Once you’ve gathered all of your belongings and valuables, you can safely get in the tow truck and relax until you reach your destination.
What Not To Do When Your Car Is Being Towed
- Once your car is hooked up to the truck, resist the urge to get out and jump-start it or push it down the street yourself! This is extremely dangerous and could result in serious injuries.
- Also, avoid standing too close to the car while it’s being towed—you don’t want to get hit by flying debris if something falls off during transport.
- Last but not least, never argue with or try to negotiate with the truck driver—they are just doing their job!
Tips For Avoiding Car Breakdowns In The First Place
Of course, the best way to deal with tow truck services is to avoid needing them in the first place! To help you do that, we’re sharing a few tips:
1) Get regular oil changes
2) Inspect your tires regularly
3) Don’t wait until your gas tank is empty before filling up
4) Keep an emergency kit in your trunk
5) Avoid driving in extreme weather conditions
These simple tips can help keep you—and your car—safe on the road.
The Benefits Of Having Roadside Assistance Coverage
- For a small monthly fee, roadside assistance companies will dispatch a tow truck whenever you need one—no matter what time of day or night it is .
- In addition, most roadside assistance plans come with other perks , like discounts on hotels , restaurants , and more .
So, if you’re looking for peace of mind on the road, consider signing up for roadside assistance coverage. Also, keep the above tips in mind to avoid needing a tow service in the first place. With these tips and suggestions, you’ll be prepared for whatever comes your way.